Are You Interested In Becoming A Firefighter?
Fire Fighters Quiz:
- Are you Dedicated and Caring?
- Do you like to help others?
- Do you like rewarding work?
- Would you like to contribute to the community?
If the answer was YES to any of these questions then you should become a firefighter!
- Open to any Vischer Ferry Fire District resident and any resident in a bordering fire district in Saratoga County.
- Individual must be 16 years of age or older (individuals under 18 years of age need consent of parent or guardian)
- Be of reasonable health
- Male or Female
- OSHA Safety Training Requirements (15 hours the first year, 8 hours annually thereafter) – We provide the training.
- New York State Firefighter I Course must be taken within 2 years of joining (75 hour course, scheduled a couple of nights per week for several weeks)
- Annual Dues of $3.00 per year
- Respond when available to our alarms
- Attend minimum of 6 regular fire company meetings each calendar year (1 meeting held each month)
- Attend minimum of 9 fire company drills each calendar year (approx. 4 drills held each month)
- Fire service gear provided at no cost.
- Regular Physical examinations provided
- Service Award Program (payable at age 61)
- Insurance Coverage
- Annual Fire Company Family Picnic
- Annual Officers Installation Banquet
- Firefighter Room
- Community Respect
- Develop New Friendships
How to Join:
- Stop by Station 1 (360 Riverview Road, Rexford, NY 12148) on any Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. to pick up an application for membership or download and print an application here.
- Any Wednesday night submit a completed application with a $5.00 application fee.
- We will be happy to answer any questions that you may have about our company.
Want to talk with someone from the company?
We would like to thank you for your interest in joining the Vischer Ferry Volunteer Fire Company. Please fill out the form and we will reach out with more details.